Plan Your Romantic Nashville Getaway
Music City is the place for lovers any time of year, with special places to see, great restaurants offering fine dining, live music like nowhere else on earth, and luxury accommodations for you to enjoy. If you’re planning a romantic Nashville getaway weekend with your favorite person, we have some great suggestions on things to do to make the most of your time here.
Things to do
- Take a Romantic Downtown Carriage Ride. Climb up into a classic carriage and enjoy seeing Downtown Nashville’s famous spots in comfort. A horse-drawn carriage ride is a wonderful, romantic way of sightseeing with your special one. Your driver will take you through Downtown Nashville, where you will pass by popular iconic Nashville spots such as the Wild Horse Saloon, Riverfront Park, and the Country Music Hall of Fame. Your romantic carriage ride will last approximately 20 minutes, leaving you and your sweetheart plenty of time to enjoy the rest of the day with your loved one.
- Go Line Dancing. Do you love live music and dancing? Nashville’s Honky Tonk Highway located on Lower Broadway is a row of honky tonks that pump live music into the city streets from 10am to 3am. While these venues don’t have cover charges, it’s a good idea to bring some cash to tip the musicians when you enjoy their performances. Some of the most popular honky tonks include Tootsie's Orchid Lounge, Robert's Western World, and Legends Corner. Some venues offer free dance lessons every evening, so you can hop on up and polish your best country dancing moves with your partner.
- Enjoy a Picnic at Love Circle. Take in the beautiful panoramic views of Nashville from the top of Love Circle, a hilltop landscape about a mile north of Centennial Park. Rising up to 745 feet above sea level, Love Circle is one of the highest vantage points in Nashville. Couples often gather at Love Circle to enjoy romantic evenings and the unique hilltop view of Music City together.
- Soar Above Music City on a Hot Air Balloon Ride. Soar high above Tennessee in a hot air balloon and see the countryside and the city from a totally unique perspective. Take in the amazing view of beautiful middle Tennessee and the Cumberland River with your partner. These balloon flights typically reach altitudes between 500ft and 3,000ft above sea level (bring a jacket!), offering you and your sweetheart an eagle eye view of the rolling landscape. At the end of your special airborne tour, you will enjoy a special champagne toast to finish off your romantic adventure.
Where to Eat
- Jeff Ruby’s Steakhouse. This iconic Nashville steakhouse is a favorite for both locals and visitors alike, with a menu that will make your mouth water just reading it! Located at 300 4th Ave N, Nashville, TN 37219-1611, call 615-434-4300 for reservations. Enjoy excellent American fare that will satisfy your every craving with sizzling steaks, a fresh seafood bar, vegetarian and gluten free options, and more. With live nightly entertainment to accompany you while you enjoy an impeccable dining experience and “excellence personified,” you can’t go wrong at Jeff Ruby’s, voted the best steakhouse in Nashville for good reason!
- Margot Cafe & Bar. Located at 1017 Woodland St, Five Points/East Nashville, Nashville, TN 37206-2814, call 615-227-4668 for your special seat at the table. This quaint European style café serves up excellent food in ample portions, along with a comfortable ambiance. Fresh, flavorful food from a menu that changes daily and excellent customer service help make this charming, unpretentious café and bar a hit with lovers everywhere. Celebrate the two of you at Margot!
- The Standard. Located at 167 Rosa L Parks Blvd, Nashville, TN 37203-3731 this classic restaurant offers everything from rack of lamb to Caesar salad, and serves every dish with a smile. Standing strong since it was built in 1840, this restaurant offers you a trip back in time, when life was simpler, and people took time to gaze into each other’s eyes. Street parking, valet parking, and wheelchair accessibility means there are no barriers to overcome to enjoy a night of wonderful food, outstanding live entertainment, and attentive, thoughtful service. Call 615-254-1277 for reservations and enjoy a special evening for an anniversary, Valentine’s Day, or just a celebration of your love for each other in this elegant Southern home.
- Old Hickory Steakhouse. Located at 2800 Opryland Dr Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center, Nashville, TN 37214-1200, call 615-458-6848 for your reservation. From sumptuous starters like fresh sea scallops to mouthwatering filet mignon, your taste buds are in for a real treat when you dine at Old Hickory Steakhouse. Enjoy wine and cheese pairings and excellent fare that will satisfy and delight. When weather permits, enjoy a welcome reprieve from the hustle and bustle on the generous atrium patio, where you’ll forget everyone else as you relax in your own quiet cocoon.
- Virago. If you’re looking for Asian cuisine at its finest, you’ll find it at Virago. Located at 1126 McGavock St, Nashville, TN 37203-3106 just about a half mile from downtown, you and your significant other will find vegetarian friendly fare, vegan and gluten free options on a menu that never fails to inspire. Call 615-254-1902 for a reservation and enjoy starters like Ninja Bacon and Blackened Ahi that will prepare your palate for crazy-good food like the famous Godzilla Roll. Belly up to the sushi bar and dig in!
We hope our list of things to do and great places to dine for lovers has helped convince you to plan a romantic getaway to Music City soon and book a stay with us here at The Hayes Street Hotel, one of the most unique boutique hotels in Nashville. We are right in the heart of Downtown Nashville, offering couples private suites, a beautiful lobby bar, and special romance packages. We look forward to making your special getaway weekend even more special and memorable when you stay with us. Don’t forget to take advantage of our direct booking service to enjoy the lowest rates.